Occupational Health Committee (OHC) Level II
Level II Occupational Health Committee (OHC) Training is a course for OHC co-chairpersons and occupational health and safety representatives, although all OHC members would benefit from attending.
|Frequently Asked Questions||CCOHS Media Release|
Level II e-learning is completed by taking two courses on-line, with a $10.00 per course fee:
- Saskatchewan Workplace Inspections in Healthcare; and,
- Incident Investigations in Saskatchewan Healthcare Workplaces
On average, each e-learning course takes two to four hours to complete. Successfully completing both of these e-learning courses is equivalent to completing the two-day Occupational Health Committee Level II classroom training offered by WorkSafe Saskatchewan.
Also, completing OHC Level II programs via e-learning is considered “training by an approved agency” for the purposes of section 46(4) of The Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, 1996.
The learning outcomes of the OHC Level II e-learning program are:
- Plan and conduct an OHC workplace inspection
- Identify and assess deficiencies during OHC workplace inspections
- Identify and recommend corrective actions to address deficiencies found during OHC workplace inspections
- Fulfill their regulatory requirement to investigate workplace accidents and dangerous occurrences
- Collect and analyze evidence during an investigation
- Identify and assess; direct, indirect and root causes of workplace accidents and dangerous occurrences
- How to identify and recommend corrective actions to prevent recurrence of workplace accidents and dangerous occurrences